Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming (BCBSWY) provides health insurance products and related services to more than 100,000 members in Wyoming. The company’s insurance products include managed care programs for businesses and individuals, as well as supplemental dental, vision, prescription drug, and Medicare coverage. BCBSWY provides health insurance to Wyoming’s Kid Care program, which offers coverage to children from low-income families. It also provides affordable coverage options through its Caring Foundation. In addition, the company provides benefits administration services.
- BCBSWY previously relied on Act! as the CRM system of record for its sales team, however Act! was falling short of providing critical insights into sales
- BCBSWY’s provider relations team members were in need of a system to support the tracking of activities as they had previously been manually tracking communications. Without a transparent system of record to track the status of issues, they realized they were missing the opportunity to view agent productivity, issue trends, and problem
- BCBSWY’s marketing team saw the potential for e-mail templates for salespeople to By using a robust CRM,marketing would have the opportunity to track campaign results to improve ROI. Marketing was challenged to increase the precision of outbound messaging to ensure they do not miss touchpoints with prospects, customers, and physicians.
- BCBSWY partnered with Silverline to implement Salesforce Sales Cloud built on the Lightning platform across its sales, provider relations, and marketing teams to provide a system of record with complete visibility into BCBSWY’s activities utilizing basic out of the box
- For Sales, the system supported three unique process of selling to individuals, small groups, and large groups. The primary focus was on tracking activities for annual campaigns, renewals, and medical
- For Provider Relations, the system supports case management and The team now has a one-stop-shop for client information.
- For Marketing, the system enabled the team to track campaign participants, activities, and The team has put email functionality to use with mass emails, customizations, and the ability to make quick changes on the fly.
- The solution also included Outlook integration and CTI Integration, as well as data migration for the Provider Relations The project also utilized Silverline’s Lightning Component: Jumbotron, which displays important information like company news, events, and updates on any page.
- By implementing Salesforce for sales, provider relations, and the marketing teams, BCBSWY is empowered with asystem of record for visibility into team activities. Managers have seen insight into productivity with the ability toview interactions in over 2,000 accounts in the first half of the month through tasks and
- BCBSWY was able to double its retention of members who are aging out of their current products at age 26 (droppingoff guardian plan) and 65 (becoming eligible for Medicaid) by using Salesforce to identify upcoming birthdays to keep those members
- The solution has seen a 100% adoption rate among employees’ company-wide and 50% mobile adoption with considerations for need of mobile-use.
- Medicare marketing campaigns were previously executed by a third party, the solution has enabled them to develop a plan for bringing it in-house with the use of Salesforce, eliminating third party resources and costs.