Salesforce has made a huge investment into the new Lightning platform and we believe it represents innovative, next-generation opportunities for our clients. Lightning includes the Lightning Component Framework and some exciting tools for developers; using these technologies you can seamlessly customize and easily deploy new apps to mobile devices running Salesforce1.
Why use Lightning Components?
- Lightning Components give you a client-server framework that accelerates development, as well as app performance, and is ideal for use with the Salesforce1 mobile app and Salesforce Lightning Experience.
- The Lightning App Builder empowers you to build apps visually, without code, quicker than ever before by using off-the-shelf and custom-built Lightning components.
- It’s super easy! Just visit the AppExchange to search or browse through some of the available components, download, and install.
- Silverline has created 4 free Lighting components that are responsive, reusable building blocks for making apps and pages. Each week, I’ll talk through another component and first up is RSVP.
RSVP Lightning Component by Silverline
RSVP is a free Lightning component that allows users to register for events on any record page. RSVP does the hard work for you by keeping track of who registered for an event, the available capacity of the event, and emails users who registered for that event. RSVP works for Internal Salesforce users and Community Users.
- Create events with time, description, and capacity
- Enable users to register for events
- Calculate the capacity and number of spots left in an event
With RSVP, users can quickly and easily view the details of the event and choose to register. Best of all, you can customize the image, heading, and email template in RSVP to match the look and feel of your company’s brand.
Download RSVP for free and get started now!