It’s time for another Salesforce release and you know what that means, lots of cool new features and updates to multiple clouds! The new updates went into effect in June so let’s dive into what Marketing Cloud has to offer with the new additions from the Summer ’17 release. Some of the features I’m most excited about include:
- Send Email Activity: This now is supported for Content Builder emails.
- The addition of Subject and Preheader validation has been added to Create and Send Flow.
- A new Sends page has been added to MobilePush.
- Updates to Sales Leaderboard screenshots in the Social Studio Command Center.
- Revised Email Click Activity for iOS section.
- Revised Android Mobile SDK.
- Advertising Studio notification UI updates.
Some major enhancements were also made to Content Builder, Journey Builder and how about Marketing Cloud Einstein. Lets take a look at some of those enhancements in a little more detail.
- Enhancements to the email styling which now allow you to edit elements in a content area in email creation without the need of HTML.
- The addition of Dynamic Content Rule Duplication.
- You now have expanded mobile styling options that allow you to hide content areas, blocks and layouts when on a mobile device.
- You now have the ability to select Content Builder emails when configuring double opt-in for list.
- Snapchat has now been added to Social Follow.
- New verification activity.
- You now have the ability to preview FTP file locations and get confirmation if a matching file does or does not exist.
- Send Email activity now supports Content Builder emails and full Send Flow feature set.
- More details about activities when selecting them to add to workflows.
Marketing Cloud Einstein Highlights
- Improved Catalog Import Logging
- Compressed Catalog File Support
- Duplicate files no longer processed
The information above simply highlights some of the enhancements to the platform. For a really in depth look into all of the functionality included in the Summer 17 release take a look at the release notes found here. And if you have any questions, leave it for me in the comments below!