A banking or federal credit union core system is the primary back-office solution managing daily banking transactions and posting updates to accounts and other financial records. Core processing systems are also connected to complementary products and services that help clients and members view and manage aspects of their relationship. So you can imagine, a core banking system conversion can be complex and requires significant time and resource dedication.
These major initiatives can strain resources and stall transformation, especially after everything everyone had to push through personally and professionally in 2020. The last 12 months taught us that we can accomplish digital initiatives quicker than we ever thought possible.
However, we have to also be aware of the strain put on resources who had to execute their existing role while supporting PPP and other COVID-related impacts to clients and members. A core system conversion, or merger and acquisition can be a completely different type of challenge without the right engagement and data orchestration layers.
So, how can an organization effectively manage a core conversion process and their transformation program?
The data in the details
This is probably not a surprise but it all starts with DATA … access and cleanliness of said data. Do you have a centralized and complete few of the clients or members? Does this data exist in a data warehouse or data lake outside of the core system? If the answer to these questions is “Yes,” you can still push transformation and optimization programs forward leveraging Salesforce.
Once your team knows they can push forward, how far and how fast can they go? The answer varies depending on organizational goals and current pain points. To start, establish the data foundation by connecting the data warehouse and other critical platforms to inform and enable associates across the organization. Potential connections:
- Typically houses a holistic view of the client relationship across more than one platform. This will enable you to provide clean and relevant data to Salesforce to establish a single point of engagement for your associates during the conversion.
- Your data warehouse will show you what products and services your clients are using, your origination systems will show you what is in process and complete your holistic view for your front-line associates (Contact Center, Branch, etc.).
- Personalized and relevant content needs a great data source. Salesforce can help orchestrate your communications and make them dynamic and relevant to your clients.
Digital Engagement Tools
- In addition to Marketing campaigns, it is critical to enable your clients to seamlessly engage with the appropriate associates. This allows you to create integrated cross-channel engagement opportunities that bridge human and digital interactions.
The above mentioned connections enable a 360 view without disrupting the core conversion. As I said in the beginning, core systems are back-office tools for managing accounts and transactions. Creating a connected engagement platform by taking advantage of your data sources enables a consistent interface for associates to gain a truly holistic view of the client’s accounts, activities, cases, campaigns, engagements, satisfaction scores, and more.
Prioritizing Salesforce’s toolsets
Implementing Salesforce with a focus on client or member engagement will eliminate risk and friction from the associates who leverage core most often. This allows associates to work out of Salesforce for all interactions and engagements and provide new tools that enable and promote collaboration and relationship expansion like:
- Inform your associates about the recommended next step for each client or member as they are interacting with them and their record in the system.
Channel Usage and Preferences
- See engagement preferences in one place. Bigger than Do Not Call, or Do Not Email lists — understand where your clients and members go to interact and transact and ensure they have a seamless and personalized experience.
Satisfaction and Effort Scores (NPS/CSAT)
- Every interaction matters, enable your associates to provide a seamless interaction and provide insights that turn your interactions into experiences.
- Allow your clients and members to meet with you on their terms by creating channels to schedule in-person and virtual appointments.
- Guide visitors through a specific menu in order to answer their questions. Chat sessions can be initiated by a scripted Einstein Chatbot allowing visitors to select from a list of categories and topics that then provides brief answers and suggests Knowledge content.
- Help your customers get exactly what they need using a centralized knowledge base for all your information. An internal and external facing Knowledge base can automatically suggest the best articles for every conversation.
- Create consistency and transparency for your organization by leveraging Salesforce for all of your pipeline management. Additionally, you can leverage many of the above mentioned features to enhance your pipeline engagement and enable cross functional collaboration around your clients and members.
Salesforce provides the ability to adapt, scale, and meet changing demands from consumers and associates alike. When you focus on the experience (clients and associates) and examine the tools available, Salesforce provides an amazing toolset to support your ideal client experience.
Digital transformations fuel successful conversions
Transforming your financial institution‘s ability to provide a single pane of glass for your associates to view and engage with your clients or members. Quality engagement should be defined by measuring your ability to deliver a seamless experience across channels and platforms through human and digital interactions.
These blended interactions and a company’s ability to capture, define, and communicate these interactions enable the ability for multiple teams and tools to collaborate around your clients or members. The urgency for digital transformation has never been greater. Businesses need to find ways to adapt to our current reality, and to then use those methods to become more adaptable in the future.
Interested in how your financial services team can leverage Salesforce to strengthen and streamline your business growth? Reach out.