84% of customers say that being treated like a person, not a number, is very important to winning their business, according to Salesforce’s “State of the Connected Customer” report.
Today’s customers expect personalization, and the best way for marketers to deliver that is with unified, immediately actionable data. They need to understand who customers are, what they do, when they do it, and what drives them to make purchasing decisions, and ideally all of that information can be surfaced in one place — a single source of truth.
Too often, companies use disconnected legacy systems that can’t create the satisfying journeys modern customers demand. And with the accelerated speed in which customers move between channels, companies need moment-oriented architecture to keep pace.
Salesforce CDP gives marketers the tools they need to deliver those real-time customer engagements, and working with an official Salesforce CDP service provider like Silverline ensures that your platform integrates seamlessly with existing data systems to create a single source of truth. Here’s how you can transform your marketing efforts with Salesforce CDP:
Data management for the modern enterprise
CDP is part of the longstanding evolution of CRM. Salesforce is a leader because customers want their single source of truth in the same place as the majority of their first-party data: their CRM system. You need a CDP that is based on a robust data platform, one that connects to outside systems to include all of your data and vendors.
Salesforce CDP was developed with the “Five Vs” in mind, taking into account the most pressing needs modern enterprises face in effectively managing their data:
- Velocity: Ingest data at various speeds, whether in batch mode or in streaming format from different systems, to bring together all first-party data
- Variety: Take data in multiple models, with a variety of different field names, and easily map them into a single information model to consolidate data
- Veracity: Use direct and advanced matching to de-duplicate IDs and contacts and provision a deep, comprehensive profile
- Volume: Use a highly scaled, cloud-based infrastructure that can store huge amounts of quick-moving customer data for big data processing
- Value: Connect that data to systems — including an open ecosystem of developers — to power organization-wide digital transformation
With an infrastructure built on Hyperforce and enhanced with capabilities from Mulesoft and Tableau, Salesforce CDP connects to all systems of engagement. It helps organizations consolidate their information to build a first party data asset they can trust, helping them understand customer identities, segment and activate audiences at scale, and analyze them through calculated data insights.
Use data to take informed action
Whether you’re looking to unlock cross-organization business insights or enhance marketing optimization, Salesforce CDP can leverage different analytics systems to help you make smarter use of your data. Einstein intelligence is embedded throughout Salesforce CDP, and the platform is only getting more powerful through integrations with Loyalty Cloud, Commerce Cloud, Interaction Studio, and more.
Salesforce CDP can be used throughout the entire customer funnel, from acquisition to retention. It empowers companies to create more engaging customer journeys, and has a wide variety of use cases in marketing, advertising, personalization, and analytics:
- Prospecting look alikes: Identify key audiences, onboard those audiences, and find look alikes. Unify identity and interactions to create a 360-degree view of customer engagement and deliver the right message to the right customers, based on deeper data-based insights about them.
- Target based on behaviors: Group new and existing members across lifecycle stages and product portfolios. Leverage all you know about customers to create dynamic segments across financial lifecycles, product portfolios, and derived metrics to cross-sell and upsell products.
- Loyalty segmentation: Drive an increase in the frequency of purchase through personalised communications. Target specific customers with exclusive promotions and get faster and more accurate personalization based on data.
- Customer insights: Unlock ancillary partner opportunities through a deeper understanding of customers. Use robust data to lead customers towards partner options and highlight previously purchased ancillaries.
- Customer service follow-up: Leverage Service Cloud objects to drive personalized content across known marketing channels. Create post-call journeys based on call outcomes and suppress users from advertising if they have open service cases.
With the capabilities of Salesforce CDP, marketers can tailor the customer experience in real time to respond to new information or interactions. They can use behavioral predictions to then adjust the rest of the customer journey, determining the best course of action to support the customer as the platform gains more data about their specific circumstances and needs.
Start engaging customers on a deeper level
As an official Salesforce CDP service provider, Silverline has the industry know-how and technical acumen to create a customized solution for your organization. Our team of experts can help you get the most out of your Salesforce investment and gain better insights into your customers. Reach out today.