In this article you will learn how to:
- Install CalendarAnything
- Validate Sharing Settings for CalendarAnything Custom Objects
- Purchase and renew licenses
- Upgrade to the latest version of CalendarAnything
- Migrate CalendarAnything from one organization to another
- Uninstall CalendarAnything
First, you will need a Salesforce account and administrator permissions. If you don’t have one, sign up for a free trial with Salesforce.
To install CalendarAnything, visit the CalendarAnything listing on the AppExchange and click Get It Now. Log in with your Salesforce credentials and install the app into your Salesforce production or sandbox environment. When prompted, select Grant Access to All Users as opposed to Admins Only; this enables the appropriate profile permissions for your users prior to assigning them a CalendarAnything license.
Note: When installing CalendarAnything into a sandbox, anyone who has access to the sandbox will have access to CalendarAnything. CalendarAnything does not expire in the sandbox environment.
Validate Sharing Settings for CalendarAnything Custom Objects
When installing CalendarAnything, you’ll also need to set up sharing settings for your organization.
To confirm that the sharing settings have been set correctly for all CalendarAnything custom objects, go to Setup in Salesforce. Then go to Security Controls > Sharing Settings, and click Edit.
Please compare the CalendarAnything (CA) custom object sharing settings in your organization to the list provided below:
Check out our related articles to get started:
- Assigning users
- Assigning permissions
- Creating and editing calendars
- Importing and exporting calendars
Purchasing and renewing licenses
When you purchase an initial license at the annual rate for one-year subscription, you’re entitled to all upgrades of the application released during the year. Any additional licenses prior to the subscription end date will be prorated from the original purchase date.
You are not required to purchase CalendarAnything licenses for all Salesforce users in your organization. You only need to purchase licenses for users that need access to view or edit CalendarAnything.
You are able to purchase licenses directly within Salesforce from the CalendarAnything package installed within your organization. To purchase licenses, navigate to the gear icon in the top right corner, click Setup, and go to Installed Packages. Click the Configure link and a checkout window will appear. Follow the onscreen instructions to purchase or renew your licenses. To renew, simply click the renewal checkbox. Completing the purchase activates your CalendarAnything license.
Upgrade to the latest version of CalendarAnything
Keeping your application up-to-date ensures you are taking advantage of the latest features and enhancements.
Before you upgrade to your production environment, we strongly recommend that you upgrade in your sandbox first to make sure that everything looks good. To upgrade CalendarAnything to the latest available version, simply visit the CalendarAnything AppExchange listing and click the Get it Now button to install the latest version.
This process retains all existing calendars without any data loss while delivering the newest features.
Migrate CalendarAnything from one organization to another
If you need to migrate your CalendarAnything app from one organization to another, submit a Silverline Support case and we can assist you with moving licenses within production organizations. But first, please follow the steps below:
- Install CalendarAnything into the new production organization.
- Identify the organization IDs from your current CalendarAnything installation in and the organization IDs for the new instance. Navigate to Setup > Company Profile > Company Information. There, you’ll see an 18-character ID under Salesforce.com Organization ID. You will need both to complete the migration.
- Finally, submit a Silverline support case to the CalendarAnything team and provide both org IDs and the date of the migration. The CalendarAnything support team will respond to your request within 48 hours.
Check out this related article:
If you need to uninstall CalendarAnything from your Salesforce environment, follow the steps outlined in this Salesforce Help Article.