As we reflect on our work partnering with Private Equity firms, one major observation is that the fastest-growing global players have built strong technology management capabilities in-house while leveraging expert service providers to provide:
- industry insights on private equity trends
- expertise in emerging technical domains
The highest performing and most diversified firms now possess a deep capability to imagine and execute new ideas for technology, and this creates significant leverage for dealmakers and investors alike. The practice these firms have gotten over the last decade designing, building, and innovating new products sets them up for success and sets them apart from their competitors under current market conditions.
Private Equity Trends
As the future and culture of finance shifts, so must the ways in which firms do business. We’ve noticed a trend of private equity firms in our portfolio looking at their innovation roadmaps through these major lenses:
- Productivity: Beyond managing the growing pipeline of potential investments, firms are increasingly interested in smart, AI-powered tools that deliver an edge in day-to-day operations.
- Integration Planning: Each new portfolio acquisition is an opportunity to rethink business models, retool business processes for efficiency and data capitalization, and leverage technology to realize greater post-deal synergy. Earlier technical planning is critical to long-term success.
- Analytics Vision & Data Strategy: As firms monitor the global market of opportunities and manage their portfolio of assets, a unified data strategy is critical to decision-making. A good data strategy is one that is always evolving — and we work with the most sophisticated firms to align their data roadmap to their analytics vision and uncover new, valuable sets of data.
How can these viewpoints shape the way your organization functions? Get the full report to see the bigger picture on 2020 private equity trends.