Members expect their service provider’s contact center to assist them with anytime, anywhere access to their personalized health information and to provide proactive support to answer their questions and address their concerns. But many payers are unable to deliver this high level of quality service because their member services agents lack the unified view of the member needed.
How can you maximize your contact center operations to best deliver member satisfaction?
It starts with the contact center operations running on a single unified digital healthcare platform. On average, by pivoting to a digital healthcare platform, contact centers have seen these outcomes:
- 15% increase in member satisfaction
- 10% increase in enhanced revenue generation
- 40% decrease in access center operations cost
- 10% improved efficiency and effectiveness
Salesforce Health Cloud is a HIPAA-compliant platform that can effectively transform your call center into a member access center by providing capabilities to increase first call resolution, streamline case management, and improve overall member satisfaction.
Three contact center operations to connect members to care faster
With the centralized, AI-powered member insights running on Salesforce, a contact center team can easily connect the dots for members’ healthcare journeys. These are three top ways to leverage Salesforce Health Cloud and Service Cloud for your contact center operations, leading to better member satisfaction by connecting them to care faster.
1. Communications operations
Many contact centers face rapid requests from members but a shortage of agents to meet the demand. 78% of consumers say they have needed to contact companies multiple times over a single concern, leading to frustrations and decreasing satisfaction.
By automating repetitive and low-value communications tasks, your agents can refocus their efforts on the human side of service to address members’ complex problems. This approach helps build deeper, trusted relationships between members and payers. Here are some ways to improve the way your contact center communicates information with its members:
- Develop a self-service intelligence agent: By using augmented intelligence, a virtual agent resolves member inquiries using knowledge and industry-specific training. The virtual agent integrates seamlessly with Salesforce Health Cloud to empower members to resolve their own requests when no agent is available.
- Provide an interactive member portal: Give members 24/7 access to member support services, including patient forums, plan information, or details specific to their conditions.
- Offer multiple communication options: Let your members use their preferred mode of communication, such as text or email, to reach out to your contact center and allow agents to respond in the same way. Chatbots powered by Einstein Bots use augmented intelligence to answer common member questions or to provide links to more information.
2. Data operations
Contact center agents need to have members’ data at their fingertips to expertly respond to inquiries by members, group administrators, or providers. But this data is often siloed across departments instead of a single source of truth. So it’s an issue if, say, a member calls about a claim dispute, but the agent does not have access to the Grievances and Appeals team’s information about the case.
The key to a better member experience is a better agent experience. Give your agents a complete view of every case detail and member interaction by connecting data across departments and back-end systems into one place. Allow agents to be more productive by equipping them with these data operational elements:
- Customize the console view: Help contact center agents solve cases more efficiently by putting the information they need front and center on a personalizable workspace. Quickly build a custom page layout for any use case or channel with drag-and-drop UI and prebuilt or custom components.
- Offer help with Einstein for Service: Apply machine learning to all your CRM data with Einstein for Service and save agents time by populating case details with predictions from Einstein Case Classification. Automatically apply those predictions and use existing rules to push cases to the suitable agents with Einstein Case Routing.
- Support teams with Einstein Article Recommendations: Show your agents the most helpful knowledge articles based on the context of the case so they can provide members with the right answers fast.
3. Workflow operations
Salesforce customers run 44 billion workflows and processes daily. Having Salesforce workflows helps contact center agents work smarter, not harder, by automating routine tasks and leveraging intelligent tools that put business processes into context.
Workflows provide guided, step-by-step processes for everything from onboarding to issuing a new insurance card. Case fields are pre-populated and deliver AI-powered next-step recommendations right in the agent workspace. Contact center teams are empowered to use workflows to respond to members, route cases throughout the organization, and eliminate repetitive tasks that can bog them down.
Salesforce workflow capabilities that can accelerate your contact center team’s operations include:
- Deliver mission-critical service: Salesforce Service Cloud’s Incident Management accelerates the resolution of major incidents by helping contact centers detect, diagnose, and respond to service disruptions. Agents can proactively notify members of a problem, and triage increases in cases.
- Make it easier to create complex rules based on CRM data: Omni-Channel Flow is built on Salesforce’s workflow platform and routes member cases, calls, messages, and chats across the service team and other departments. Agents can analyze incoming cases and automate the routing to the best queue or process.
- Increase collaboration with Quip: Quip is a Salesforce tool that can be used by contact center agents to enable case-swarming and cross-functional collaboration directly in the agent workspace. The Quip chat feature streamlines workflows with chat built into every document and spreadsheet.
Implement effortless contact center operations with Silverline
Payers confront multiple operational challenges in their contact centers. Silverline can help create rewarding experiences for your agents and increase member and provider satisfaction. We tailor Salesforce transformation solutions to meet your specific needs and can help you with strategic planning, implementation, and managed services. Find out how our experts can help your organization.