Reading time: 2 minutes
The magic is gone. What was once such a special relationship, has grown stale and one-sided. You no longer feel fulfilled and you know that something’s got to give.
We’ve all been there. But that doesn’t make it any easier to do. Here are some simple phrases you can use when you and your current managed services provider need to part ways.
What to say when it’s time to have “the talk”
- It’s not you, it’s me — at this point, I really need to spend some time with myself and my platform. I need to know who I am as a Salesforce user outside of your influence. My needs are changing all the time, and I’ve realized that I need to be with someone who is ready to change with me.
- I need some space — everything is moving so fast, and I need someone who can focus on my needs. I need someone who will take things at my pace, and really help me understand what’s best for me and my platform.
- I love you, but I’m not in love with you — our relationship has become passive, with each of us doing the bare minimum to get by. Love is a verb! And neither of us have been acting on our passionate whims as of late. It feels like we’re stuck in place, a never-ending circle of blue dots waiting to load.
- I think we’re better as friends — we’ve run our course. There’s nothing inherently wrong with that! We’ve each gotten what we needed out of this (Well, you a little more than me. But let’s not dwell on it.) and it’s time face the facts. When talking about the weather or weekend plans is the only thing that goes well on our Zoom dates, it really is time to live and let live.
- We’re just on two different paths right now — you want me to keep paying you to do the bare minimum without any added value, and I don’t want to keep doing that.
- You’re going to make someone really happy someday — just not today, and not me. And definitely not my users.
- We’re not having fun any more — and maybe we never were. Your big, stuffy, corporate view on every little thing doesn’t leave much room for innovation, or themed launch parties. And I really, really want more excuses to wear my 80s workout gear.
- I want to see other people — people like the experts who work at Silverline.
Pick us, choose us, love us.
At Silverline, we understand your needs, we support your dreams, and we give you room to grow and mature at your own pace. Our managed services offering is designed around and focused solely on you. We’d love to connect — maybe start slow with a phone call?