In addition to celebrating Take Your Kids to Work Day at our NYC HQ, our remote team members (we call them Silverline Satellites!) joined in on the fun.
Home offices comes in many shapes and sizes, and our Satellites were happy to share a snap of their set-ups, kids and all.
Parents and their kids participated with a worksheet and guided discussion designed to create open communication around being a satellite employee (and to have some fun as well!).
Here are some of their answers:
In your own words, what does your parent do?
- Talks on videos all day
- Works for a store
- Plays with me, works, takes me to school
- Tech stuff — software that makes business better
- Helps people be happy
Without asking your parent, what does Silverline do?
- They help people use computers
- Goes to a store
- Silverline is a Salesforce partner
- Help people with software and improve it
- Helps other companies
What do you like best about having your parent work from home?
- Play soccer!
- That I can spend more time with them
- I get to see her every day when I get home from school and not be lonely — also she can bring things to school that I accidentally left at the house, like my mouse
- Being able to gossip with her after school and not having to wait until she gets home
- I can see her during the day and say hi!
What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Tennis start and help dogs
- Interior designer
Ask your parent — when they were your age, what did they want to be when they grew up?
- Pro BMX Rider
- Forest Ranger
Don’t worry — we believe fur babies are children too! So here are some of our fluffier family members hard at work. Enjoy!